Think for a while before you scroll down.
Some of Options could be...
- Two circles joined by a line
- A line with circle at the either end
- Two circles with a tail attached and placed so the tails in line meet up.
It may be protested that “two circles joined by a line” is really same as a “line with circle at either end”. This is not so, in one case attention starts with a circle and in other case attention starts with the line.
From the point of view of what happens in mind the sequence of attention is of utmost importance. Sequence of different starting point would lead to different results. Such situations are often encountered in every sphere of work life, like dealing with problems, people, processes etc. While dealing with such situations, sequencing of thought process is important.
Let us take an example to emphasize importance of aspects of thought sequencing. You are with your manager on your appraisal discussions. What would be various situations that could form the starting point? Let us say...
- I did a good work, I deserve.
- I added value, that would help organization, let me hear what my manager has to say about it.
- I share about my experiences on what I did and share further plans.
So on, all above have different starting points like underlined above and you would agree would lead to different outcomes. Practicing this approach, will polish the thought process and would be helpful in dealing with situations.